The iLASIK procedure is the exclusive combination of US FDA-approved technologies – the IntraLase bladeless flap creation and the VISX Wavefront-guided treatment.
Improving your vision really means improving your lifestyle. Many people who know they are good candidates for the iLASIK procedure (using exclusive LASIK technology manufactured by the Abbott Medical Optics) are still thinking. Maybe it is time to examine the lifestyle benefits that the iLASIK procedure can bring.
The iLASIK procedure reshapes your cornea to correct the refractive imperfections in your eye. The imperfections are essentially the reason you are short-sighted, long-sighted or astigmatic.
Here is what happens:
- You get an extensive exam by an iLASIK doctor.
- Computers/software are used to make an individual blueprint of your eyes; this blueprint is used to drive your laser correction and is what gives you a customised result.
- A laser is used to create a thin flap in your cornea.
- You will be given numbing drops so you will not feel any pain.
- This flap enables the doctor to make the iLASIK correction.
- A second laser is used to make the correction to your cornea, based on your unique vision/eye characteristics.
- This correction is completely computer-driven.
- It is safe, fast and virtually painless.
*Information is adapted from www.ilask.com